So you’ve signed in and registered your blog – now the fun part begins — customizing your site!
1. you will be presented a screen where WordPress gives you the option to follow interesting blogs & topics. For the purpose of this guide we are going to skip this and press the next button at the bottom of the screen. Clicking next will take you to this screen where you can
2. sign in with Twitter or your Gmail account to see if your friends are using WordPress. again we will skip this step, press next and move on to the next screen.
3. On this screen (pictured right) you can see the information you entered way back in step one of the sign up procedure have been entered for you. Now you can edit them, this won’t change the blog address, it just allows you to make it look nicer with Capital letters and spaces. The information you enter here will be displayed on the front page of your blog. Think of a tagline for your vlog ie A local news site for Hyde Park
4. You need to choose your theme (ie what your site will look like). Lots to choose from – go for the free ones! see the screenshot to your left Select Show More Themes to browse through more choices. To learn more about a theme, click the image to activate it. Can I suggest you choose the wordpress 2011 theme?
5. Click on the next button for the next couple of stages and … That’s another step completed! Next you’ll be taken to the homepage screen. To get to your blog, click on ‘my blogs’.
You’re almost there with it now! Check out the next part of my guide, coming soon.